FMODA was created in September of 1999 from the initiative of its founder, Fernanda Oliveira.
FMODA’s business area is the fabrication of jersey wear garments, mainly for exportation, for woman, man, teen, kids and baby departments, by outsourcing production in Portugal and Morocco.
We’re inserted in the heart of Vale do Ave in Guimarães (50km from Oporto Airport), taking advantage of the full potential of a region geared to the textile sector.
In 2017, FMODA defined a strategy of growth and reinforcement of competitiveness, through the following actions:
- New offices with a 5000m2 area;
- Creation of an internal laboratory to better control the process and consequential improved quality;
- Improvement of logistics;
- Process optimization through the innovation of the machinery in all sectors;
- Differentiation of the services provided to the client;
- Having respect for the environment, making it one of our main goals.
Through the years, FMODA has been granting it’s spot in the sector, giving our clients, the guarantee of efficiency by the highest standards of quality and competitiveness.
We produce a vast variety of products to the textile sector.
We work with several national and international suppliers that support us in being effective in terms of delivery and meet the quality standards for each client.
We currently have an installed capacity of 1.000.000 garments per month, with the ability to grow as necessary.
Our approach to the business is a sustainable production with a focus on three main pillars:
The use of organic and recycled fibers contributes to a lesser impact in the environment. Keeping that in mind we make sure to use them in over 70% of our productions.
Since November 2003 we have implemented the quality management system, certified accordingly with the requirements of ISO 9001.
FMODA’s conde of conduct firmly respects human and labour rights, not just in our company but also in all our production chain.
Quality, Environment, Security and Social Responsibility are our strategic pillars and we are fully compromised to reduce our footprint in the World.
- Organic Content Standard (OCS)
- Recycled Claim Standard (RCS)
- Members of Better Cotton Initiative (BCI)
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Global Recycled Standard (GRS)